Moline Memories - MHS 66 Friends






Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nazek Fahmy (MHS 65) Writes about Egypt

Nazek was our foreign exchange student. Everyone liked her. She just wrote to Mary Parsons Caisley:

It so happened that I left Egypt on the first day of the troubles to visit my  daughter who lives in the Gulf with her husband and two kids. No one ever thought that the protests would take such a scale. The disaffections of the last ten years have been many, and although we are a bit dazed by what has happened, we are all proud of the young, secular Egyptians who started it all. I should be going home in two days--I have spent the last ten days worried about my husband and other daughter who were trapped at home in Alex. and like all other Egyptians, I have no idea what the future holds, but I will live and die in Egypt and pray to God that He will keep Egypt safe from harm.

Nazek Fahmy AFS, Class of 65

No comments:

Post a Comment