Moline Memories - MHS 66 Friends






Friday, September 23, 2011

Mike Collins - On Enjoying Moline Memories

Mike created this Barbie Jeep.



Mike and his son.

Michael Collins, MHS 68 commented on this link - The Importance of Being Earnest

This play was one of the thrills of my life. Jan and I were sophomores and got the prominent roles in the show. There I was with the ever talented Jim Thorell (he had just finished playing Emile Debach in South Pacific and his voice was incredible), the ever so beautiful Diana Robinson, Super talented Janine Lawson as well as Sarah Staack and my friend Jan Chandler whom I always had the greatest respect for. Thanks, Greg for giving it back to us.

***

GJ - I enjoy blogging about Moline, Mike. I am glad to see people looking back on the same happy memories. Recently, Larry Easter was kidding me about my singular lack of music talent, both instrumental and vocal. I could only agree, but look at all the opportunities they provided for those who could. The results are obvious - local productions, Broadway, opera, Whiffenpoofs, music ministry (not mine, but Rex Bullock's), and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment