I wonder how many of us heard these things, repeatedly, when they were growing up:
- Close that door. Are you trying to heat the whole outdoors?
- Stop leaving the lights on. The electric bill was almost $25 last month!
- You don't realize how spoiled you are. When I was your age...
- Eat your food. People are starving in Europe. (1950s)
- We are going downhill, just like the Roman Empire.
- Stop hitting your brother.
- I think a tornado went through your room.
- Go outside and play, blow the stink off.
- Who put the lettuce behind the curtain? I found it cleaning up. Greg?
Add more in the comments section.